Saturday, September 21, 2013

Go wild

chocolate pudding topping caramelized apples and bananas apricot and melon ice cream sour cherry jam

   I've been creative all week. I never knew putting an idea into practice takes so much time and dedication, though... well, at least if you're a perfectionist like me, it will:) 
   I started my creative days with this activity where I had to talk about emotion recognition with my kindergarten kids so I initially planned to ask them to draw their present emotion. But then I thought to myself "Hey, why not ask them to draw it on a leaf?" then "Wow, I could actually make a tree of emotions. If they're all happy it's gonna be a happy autumn tree!":) And so it was. I had to cut a whole LOAD of leaves for 3 consecutive days (given the 120 kids I wanted to involve in this activity) but it was all worth it:) Then I had to print 3 tree trunks and paint them and then start working on the beautiful autumn trees:) I'm glad to say all my kids said they were happy at the moment of our activity so all my trees are Happy:) Yaaay!:) This is how the trees look like:


   Then today, as being the baking day, I decided to make some donuts and play with toppings:) So many wild ideas popped in my head and I'm so happy my mom didn't judge me at all:) She joined in my funny creative process and we had a blast all the way:)
   At the end of the week I realized that the awesome thing about working in a kindergarten is that I can ALWAYS go wild with my creativity and I'll fit right in without anyone suspecting anything about me being "childish":) So I can't be anything but full of joy at the thought of a whole school year awaiting for new awesome ideas:) Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment