Wednesday, April 6, 2016

365 days project 2. Day 31. When the old becomes new


   Today I was looking for some shoes all around town. I took my time to walk from one shop to another and I looked around at the old buildings, the peaceful pedestrian streets and the beauty of Cluj surrounding me everywhere. 
   I always saw my city as the coziest home I could have. It had everything I needed. My school, my university, my family and friends, places to go out and a parks, art and culture. But after a while you get so used to a place you don't see its attractions the same way a traveller sees them.
   Today I looked at Cluj from a different perspective. After having travelled a bit in the past years I realized that my city is not as random as I thought after living here for my whole life. I began to understand why everybody who came to Cluj fell in love with the city. It's not huge, it doesn't have as many attractions as Sibiu or Sighisoara, but it has its own unique charm that you will discover if you walk around the city at your own pace, watching the people passing by, feeling their mood and the whole vibe of the town. Cluj really is wonderful! It has that "je ne sais quoi" that makes you want to stay more, explore more, fall in love more. It creates stories that deserve to told to kids and grandkids. It's unique, cozy... the perfect place to call home (aside from Venice ;) )!


No comments:

Post a Comment