Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Walking on sunshine


Dear diary,

   Today I remembered how awesome it feels to be high on serotonin. I've been born again once I went out and saw the sun shining over the trees, breathed in the crisp air, listened to the birds chirp and rode the bus on French jazzy notes. 
   I felt like a tourist. The city looked completely different in that beautiful afternoon light, so beautiful that I decided to leave my book aside for some minutes and just enjoy the view. I kept smiling. I smiled at buildings, at a little girl who smiled back at me, at the dog in the bus station while petting him, at my mom who greeted me:) I kept smiling for the rest of the day while cooking for my family and I'm smiling even now while the sun is sound asleep.
   I missed the sun. So much. It made me realize that every day that's not sunny is  yet another day in which we gotta keep holding on until the sun is out. I don't know about others, but the whole world seems different to me when my sunny friend is out for a walk. 
   I missed walking carefreely, looking up and saying "Spring is in the air!" so now I'm happier than ever! Future looks bright already. Can't wait to see what's next!

Still smiling,
D.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment