Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Old Man


Dear diary,

   I saw the Old Man today. He was walking slowly, moving his cane every step he took. He stopped patiently at the red light and waited. It was funny seeing him so patient when I knew for sure he didn't like to wait for anything or anybody... but maybe today it was all different. Maybe he was indirectly showing us how we should act. He's an old man in the end, right? He's supposed to be wiser. And I'm sure he is.
   As I was watching him from the passing bus I found myself smiling. I thought that if he could make it, I will make it as well. I'll just follow his footsteps and take one small step at a time. I will get there in the end. And by the time I do I will be waiting patiently at the red light as well:)

Still young and restless,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment