Friday, January 31, 2014

The lessons


   Dear diary,

   I learned that life takes you by surprise. No matter how much you try to prepare yourself for what's coming.
   I learned that you never completely know yourself and that you have to be willing to play the beautiful unfolding game life is so you could get to know yourself a little more every day.
   I learned that we take so many things for granted and it's so hard not to once we're used to having them around.
   I learned that it's all an illusion. The mirror of Erised. And it takes a whole while till you figure that out.
   I learned that now is more important than yesterday or tomorrow, that I want to live it all before I pass away. 
   I learned that life gives us gifts of all sorts and shapes and we should always take them. Because they don't come back.
   I learned I needed 25 years to be a woman and I'm still a kid inside. I love that part of myself and I enjoy it every day.
   I learned we're complex beings, beautiful ones, full of amazing features we should use more often. We need to be true to ourselves first and then to the others.
   I learned that it's hard to have no expectations but you can train yourself not to. That life is a game where you have to accept that sometimes you win and other times you lose and know that the game always goes on no matter what... with or without you.
   I learned that life's short, so we should do what we feel like and regret nothing.

Still learning,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment