Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quilling, my love


Dear diary,

   I always secretly loved quilling. But I never showed it. I was impressed by how skillful artists have to be in order to produce something so beautiful and interesting just by twisting paper. I thought it would be really hard and you needed some special talent to be able to create something like that. So I decided to just admire it and wish that one day I would be skillful enough to learn how to create something so magical myself. Later on more and more people around me would start getting into this beautiful hobby. So I decided to gather my strengths and get into it myself. I had to make a card for someone but I knew nothing about quilling so I literally took a baby step because my first creation was a little heart (cute, huh?) and it turned out something like this:


Then, after having watched "How to" quilling movies on Youtube I realized it's all waaay easier than I expected. And you don't even have to create everything in your head. You can take examples from the internet and produce them your way. So, I started making Birthday cards for dear people around me:



   Now, the quilling fever got to me so much that a day without creating something feels like a lost day. So I'm looking forward for the next occasion I'll have to create something for someone. I know people usually practice and practice at this stage, but I'm more motivated by real commissions:) 
   So this is how, my dear diary, my spring got a whole new spin and how I added a new crafty hobby on my list :)

Crafty as ever,
D.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment