Sunday, October 23, 2016

Our honeymoon in a (big, fat) nutshell: MILANO


   Our trip to Italy came to an end with Milano. I have to admit I wasn't in the right psychological state to visit it at that point and even though I saw some amazing places there and I had one of the best restaurant experiences in the whole country, the first time when I say 'Milano' I have a bittersweet feeling, more bitter than sweet. All this because by the time we got there I was already very tired of switching cities so fast and carying my luggage with me every other 2 days. So after so much travelling I just wanted to stay in one place and relax. It was fun exploring so many new cities but by the time we got to Milano the exhaustion of always being on the road got to me. I therefore didn't have the energy to look for beautiful things in the city but luckily the beautiful things came to me. 
   We had dinner at the most impressive restaurant in Milano: L'immagine. Why impressive? Because they gave away so many free stuff it felt almost impossible to make money out of the whole experience. We felt like royalty! And the food was exceptional! And guess what? It was 5 minutes away from our accomodation :) Win-win-win!


   ... And then, I discovered a Lidl. Oh yeah, the Lidl love was hidden away all the trip before that but when I saw a Lidl sign I felt I really needed to go pay a visit 😀 So we went to search for it and find it we did and I felt more at home. 


   The funny thing is that the more I think about Milano I realize we actually had many good memories in it but the general feeling I have of it is the preconception I left home with: that it's big and fashiony and not my type. Hmmm... the Sforza Museum was DEFINITELY my type. So much history and beauty in one place! I wanted to move in there! 


   I also liked the English bookshop and the streets surrounded by old buildings, but it's true that I wasn't patient enough to discover Milano's other beauties which I think might have been different had I seen Milano at the beginning of our trip.


   I found the dome of Milano beautiful but somehow not as interesting as the Florence one (maybe I like baroque architecture more? Or maybe cos it was placed next to the fashion gallery?) so I didn't spent too much time in front of it... probably because the square was filled with people and by then I was already tired of seeing tourists. I remember really loving two performers in the square singing famous songs like angels. 


   Galeria Vittorio Emanuele was filled with BIG clothes brands that attracted the tourists but not me. I got that fashiony feeling I had when I left home, the Milano I expected to see, the fake life you gotta have to be appreciated by others. Even though, I loved the gallery architecture and the details around it so I focused on that more than the big brands :)


   The last dinner we had in Italy was also very pleasant so all in all Milano wasn't that bad, but being tired of travelling didn't help. So maybe it needs a second chance :)


   And this was Italy. A sea of colour and pasta and utter happiness and feeling at peace, sprinkled with tears of joy and dreams being accomplished, definitely an unforgettable experience that I want to repeat! More Venice and south of Italy next time! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment