Monday, October 24, 2016

Our honeymoon in a (big, fat) nutshell: LUGANO


   After 9 days spent in Italy, Switzerland was the the second part of our honeymoon that gave me the exact same feelings I had in Italy and even more! 
   On the way to Zurich we decided to stop in Lugano. It was a must see because it's a sort of prolonging of Italy, being located in the Italian part of Switzerland, but in the same time it's still something else entirely. Lugano is a dream: mountains bordering beautiful lake Lugano that could easily be mistaken by a sea, georgeous old cityscapes and such a laid back atmosphere! It's Italy with a flair of Switzerland pride. I felt right at home ever since I got off the train! 


   Since we arrived a day before the national day of Switzerland, the famous white cross could be spotted everywhere. 



   People were wandering on the streets but they weren't rushing anywhere, the terraces were full but the city still didn't feel crowded at all. That's what I loved the most! Lugano was tremendously beautiful and still perfect for taking a walk without feeling like in New York!


   I LOVED our boat trip towards Gandria and our lunch there in a tiny balcony by lake Lugano (I liked it even more than the dinner by the sea in Genoa) and the feeling of accomplishment and peace I had there followed me in every corner of Lugano. 


   Hmmm... Lugano has its magic charm for sure! So green and lush and gorgeous! Definitely a Must See!


   Lugano will always stay in my memory as the city I MUST go back to. I fell utterly in love with it!






No comments:

Post a Comment