Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloweenish


 Dear diary,

   It's November already and I can feel it all around:) Foggy weather, crisp air, more and more naked trees and the most beautiful leaves ever laying on the ground. 
   It's that time of the year I longed for during a whole year: the preparation time. The walking around shops and staring at the beautiful Christmas decorations then being confused about which ones to buy. The looking forward time. The best time of the year:) 
   But until that period is in full bloom (I already bought some Christmas balls already, yay!) let's talk a little about Halloween. I know there are so many people out there believing Halloween is something bad for you, something deranged and deviant. But, really: how could a funny costume party make your life worse?:) I guess it depends on how you see it. Some say pumpkins should be for Thanksgiving not for something so mundane and weird as Halloween. I say pumpkins have many uses and it's up to you which one you choose. In the end, going to a costume party or decorating it with such a joy is everything you might need to feel whole, to feel a child again. And don't we all miss that already? Then why not do it? Why pretend to be a know-it-all? I'm sick and tired of people telling me what to think, feel or do. I love Halloween. And I love it because I can decorate it and because for one night we can pretend to be a whole new character and that's fun. 
   So I'm sorry for you people, the ones who hate Halloween, but I had the time of my life preparing the decorations and putting them up. I loved the result and my friends loved it just as much!
   I was a cat this year. It's funny how I felt the need to go from spooky to feminine and playful. Who knows what next year's gonna bring? 
   ... Until then, love whatever makes you feel whole!:) It's the only thing that will help you go on no matter what. And we all know life can be freaky sometimes. Just get out your claws and fight back!:)

 Meow,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment