Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Our honeymoon in a (big, fat) nutshell: SWITZERLAND part II


   On day 5 in Switzerland we woke up in a cold and foggy Kandersteg, had an amazing breakfast and then we left to take a steam train over the Furka pass. I remember it was very cold for summertime and also rainy so the trip wasn't as impressive as it could have been on a sunny day, but I still enjoyed it. Can you believe we had hot chocolate in August? Temperature dropped from 35ºC to 15ºC in just a matter of days and I was lucky enough Oli's aunt gave me a warm jacket. I guess that's how it is in the mountains. Talking of which, one minor detail you might want to know: Romania's mountains are hills compared to Switzerland... 
   

   After our Furka trip we went back to Zurich and on day 6 my mother-in-law and I went brocking, one of the MUST DO activities while you're in the city! What is that, you ask? Why only the best thing ever that includes shopping and very good prices! The brockis are second-hand shops that have everything you can imagine for very good prices! I found a really beautiful Van Gogh "Starry night" print, cute decorations and even some wonderful gardening magazines and Australian cooking magazines that I still use! 


   That day we also went out for dinner at the Adler hotel. Very beautiful, rustic place in the heart of the old city :) When you're in Zurich, don't forget to stroll around the old town. It's so magical, especially at dusk!

   On day 7 my father-in-law took Oli and I to a tram museum. We walked through a forest towards the museum and I felt so at peace with myself and the world. It reminded me of Cluj and the picnics with my family. Everything was green and sunny and peaceful. We had an interesting "pretzel sandwich" for lunch (it's famous in Zurich, haven't seen it somewhere else) and I even saw a rock elephant statue.

   I really liked the tram museum especially since my father-in-law was our guide around :)


   On day 8 and our last day in Zurich we went up on Uetliberg mountain (the highest peak overseeing Zurich) and we walked along it for 1h 30min. It was one of the best memories I got from Switzerland! I absolutely loved the stroll in nature especially since it was a perfect sunny day for it :)


   Zurich and Switzerland were definitely a big surprise to me. I knew I loved Italy already but I had no idea I would fall so deep in love with Switzerland :) If you have the chance, definitely choose it as your next travel destination! I can assure you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment