Friday, May 2, 2014

The art of traveling



Dear diary,

   I finished reading "Paper towns" at 6 in the morning and I had an aha moment. I realized life's an extraordinary journey (I said it various times before, but hear me out): every day is a new mile towards our destination. It's up to us if we take friends with or if we choose to be lone travelers. What's important is that we're daily given wonderful opportunities sightseeing and meeting people so if we wanna stay in the car at times we might lose a whole world out there. It all depends on us. 
   Also, when we start traveling we're not always fully prepared and it seems that we often encounter unexpected situations but the way we get out of them defines who we are and who we'll turn out to be at the end of the journey. Are we excited about traveling or ar we grumpy, saying "I wish I could just sleep today, it's pouring outside"?
   So, prepared or not, we're traveling so we should get in the right mood and start collecting memories! Some places will only be seen once if a lifetime and it would be a pity if we passed by them grumpily. 

Learning how to always smile,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment